Everybody's gotta be good at something, right? I can sew a little, and I have a green thumb.
But bloating. Yeah, puffy belly prize goes to moi. It sickens me, really, the degree to which my stomach can protrude. It has gotten so bad lately I look in the mirror at my profile and compare it my belly pics when I was four or five months pregnant with the boys.
I don't know how to get it to go down. I've been drinking water. I took prescribed diuretics for a while, for my acne problem which is a whole different complaint. I eat prunes. Nothing helps. My tummy just poofs out more.
At this point, I am desperate. Willing to try anything. Seriously. I have no answers, this is mostly a post asking for help, just like my previous post about Blogger that no one seems to have an answer for.
My mom has already suggested I try crunches, but that would require exercising and I don't so much like exercising. I like activity. Not exercise. I like doing stuff. Not working out. See?
Yeah. So.... I guess wolfing down Taco Bell in the car whilst driving back from Hannibal today was a bad idea? [SIDEBAR: I want it on the record that I ordered three soft tacos and instead they gave me three soft tacos supreme which includes the nasty (but delicious) sour cream, so I'm sure that didn't help matters any. Except that it wasn't really my fault, it was Taco Bell's fault, for whatever that's worth. And I only ate two of them, instead of three.] Do you think my body is trying to tell me something? I've also had this weird tongue thing going on, where my tongue gets all sensitive like I've burned it or something, only I haven't. I called my trusted friend Cindy, who is a trained nurse, and she said that can be from eating too much sugar. Hmmmm....I haven't been eating sugar, but you know what I drink?
Pepsi. Full strength.
Ack! I wonder if my bloating and my tongue are from my beloved Pepsi??!!
Pray for me, people. I don't know if I'm strong enough to take on my Pepsi addiction. Although I did just try an iced mocha coffee drink with whipped cream for the first time in my life recently. I guess I could start drinking coffee instead of Pepsi?
Man, why does life have to be so hard?
- H
1/25/10
If bloating were an Olympic Sport, I'd totally win the gold
By Heather on 1/25/2010
This is about whittling down the belly, working while mommying
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



7 comments:
I was so bloated today I had to unbutton my pants -- my FAT pants.
But I am damned if I will give up my Diet Pepsi.
I honestly think I could start a clinic with friends that I know are addicted to Diet Coke. I wish you all kinds of luck if you do challenge Pepsi to a showdown!
I was a Pepsi drinker for a long time... When I quit, my clothes started to fit better... I thought it was just because I had totally cut out carbonated drinks, so imagine my shock when I had a coke at a party about a year later. My pants got so tight I thought I was going to be cut in half. Of course, the holidays are filled with carbonated drinks on every table and I caved... I am STILL paying for it... Ugh!
It has to be the Pepsi. I am so addicted to diet Pepsi that I swear I should have an IV of the stuff. I am trying (see how totally inconvinced I am that I can do this? I can only say trying, nothing more committed then that) I am trying to not drink soda. The first day I thought my tongue would die without it's regular burst of fizz, or the burning down my throat that I love so much. The second day all I did was pee, and into the night as well. By day 4 I am waay more thirsty than normal. I drink a lot of water trying to not be thirsty, and funny thing is, I don't remember being that thirsty when I drink soda. I can have two or 3 cans a day (which is not enough liquid) and I never feel thirsty. Constant state of dehydration probably. But I'm jonesing as we speak for some of the good stuff. It's a tough way to go, but I bet the bloat will go away. Good luck!
I can give up lots of stuff, but I cannot, I repeat CANNOT, give up my Pepsi!!
It also could be a salt problem. Salt causes water retention...hence the bloat. Do you realize how much sodium is in Taco Bell tacos!?!
Sara
Have you ever been tested for food allergies? An allergy to wheat or dairy or several other things could cause bloating, burning on the tongue, etc.
Post a Comment