Do you remember that song that Leann Rhimes and Elton John sang a few years ago, "Is It Written in the Stars?" It's down below. You can play it while you read, if you want.

I know a couple who have an ill-fated love affair. It's more of a one-sided thing.
She's kind of standoffish towards him and yet he adores her. Adoration unlike anything you've ever seen before.

I should probably take that back. She's not standoffish.
She hates his guts. No one really knows why, he's plenty likable.
Seriously, I've not often seen disdain like the kind she has for him.

But he keeps trying! He's like the little engine than could, I think I can I think I can I think I can make her loooooove me.
She's having none of it. If she were so rude as to speak the words, they'd be "get away from me, you freak. You smell funny and you're rough around the edges. Plus, you're short and I like tall men."

He wouldn't care. He'd still lean in for a kiss.
I love you, Binnie. Wuvoo, Binnie.

It's just like that Elton John song.
I've put it in my Playlist down below, so you can rock it. You know, on second thought that Bonnie Raitt song at the very bottom of the Playlist may be more appropriate for this situation.
- H



3 comments:
LOVE this post! That boy is adorable. My boys had a little Gap peacoat like that when they were 2-ish and it's one of the things I saved with their baby stuff. Nothing more fabulous than a sweet boy in a peacoat. Tell him not to fret, there are plenty of doggies in the sea, and one day one will love him.
Oh Binnie. Griffin is darling. She's crazy not to see it ;)
Aw....
Post a Comment