2/25/10

Here's the dress

I showed up at my local dusty library when they opened this morning. They rummaged through the dust and found me the People magazine with Celine Dion on the cover.

This is the dress I wanted a picture of. I knew the bustline details in my mind but I couldn't remember anything else about it.


This is the dress I want to try to replicate, although not exactly. I love the lingerie details. I love the contrast piping/trim. I love the straight style. I even kinda love the lace panels over the black, although I won't be doing that. I took a Blackberry photo and made a photocopy, but our library duzn't have no modern conveniences like fancy color copiers or nothin.

I have already made a muslin of the bustline and now I just need to draft a pattern for the bottom half. I'll let you guys know if it's ever done, and what it might look like, success or failure.


- H

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...