A week ago, Cooper got mad at me for something. You know, I made him eat his dinner, I wouldn't let him eat Pixie Sticks for breakfast, I told him it was time for bed. Something like that.
He's so fun at three. He said "MOM - YOU ARE NOT A ROCK STAR, I am mad at you."
Out of the mouths of babes. Such sweetness, such light.
This morning after he got up I was in the bathroom with him, making sure he went potty without peeing all over the floor and walls; he asked me if we could go to an estate sale today to find treasure. He's never been to one (uh, who would take a three-year-old to an estate sale? huh?) but he's heard through the pre-school grapevine, or maybe because I told him, that you can buy treasures at estate sales for cheap. The small people in this house have a slight obsession with treasure hunts these days.
"Yes, honey, we can go to an estate sale today."
"Thanks, mom! You know what? You know what you are again?"
"What?"
"You are a rock star, mom!"
Wow. And to think that for a week I suffered without being a rock star. Feels good to be a rock star again. Feels good.
- H
2/13/10
position restored. whew.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Love it! My daughter was about 4 when she wrote me a note saying "I hat you!" She got so mad when I asked her what kind of hat??? Baseball hat or Stocking hat??? I think she hatted me more then!!!
That is SO freaking cute! Yay for being a rockstar! I'm never cool enough to be a rockstar, but sometimes? I'm the nicest girl in the whole wide world, LOL!
Post a Comment