4/11/10

My weekend

We had a lovely weekend. The weather was perfect - 75 to 80 and sunny all the time. The pollen turned our cars green and our heads swollen and we didn't even care.

Check it out, I finally won something on a blog giveaway! From this post, I won a copy of Snappy Fashions, a book full of ideas on bedazzling onesies. And when the prize package arrived in the mail, lo and behold the lovely author, Cathie Filian, had included this entire stash of loot! I have added "embellish onesies" to my to-do list.


I took the boys to six estate sales yesterday, in search of the perfect storage hutch/cabinet/armoire/dresser/container for all of my sewing paraphernalia on Saturday morning. The serious salers were ticked that I'd brought two anklebiters with me. Hah! I scoff at their indignance. We bought various trinkets and trudged home at noon, exhausted and without a large storage hutch/cabinet/armoire/dresser/container. Oh, well. Maybe next week.

Then this morning my hubs took the boys to the car races and a swap meet in Illinois, which meant I got an entirely free morning. This is largely unheard of, and very well appreciated. I celebrated by cleaning my sweatshop from top to close to the bottom but not quite. Didn't want to get ahead of myself or anything, that would be unlike me.

When the males returned, they were full of new skills.

Like how to set up a swap meet in their own driveway.


And hawk their wares to the general public.


And dance in celebration when their mom paid them a shiny quarter and still get to keep the toys.


Oh, and I made my kids some short-man-pants for the summer. I'm not allowed to call them cropped pants or capris or even jams. Hah! I scoff at the male rules. They're awesome, as soon as I get my act together I'll post the pattern on the sewing side.

Griffin's are in a stretch poplin camo. Cause he's cool like that.

I asked him to show me his belly. Which he calls his body.

We're supposed to have ten more days of high 70s, sunny weather! It'll be hell on my new baby green flowers, but lovely for us humans.

-H

3 comments:

Sonja said...

CUTe cute cute! I love sewing "beach" pants for Dunn. Now that he is 5 is he too old for such pants? Maybe if I add pockets....

Christia said...

Super cute boys! And I love the pants. Good luck finding a hutch thingy!

Little Girl::Big Glasses said...

Holy cow, is that a Mr. T shirt? I must have one!

also...I'm sewing machine shopping...send me the link to your ebay ones!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...