4/9/10

PayPal has some really great customer service

I've been doing a little online retailing recently. You know, buying stuff. Selling stuff. Thank God PayPal has been there for me, making it super easy to accept money from other people, and vice versa.

They sent me this awesome email yesterday to alert me that my account could have been compromised! So scary with all this online predatory stuff and identity theft and the thing where people pretend to be you and then buy a car and wreck it and it ruins your credit.

Here's their email to me:


Dear PayPal Customer,

We have recently determined that various computers connect to your PayPal account, password, and the present of chess more taient before the connection. Now we need to confirm the new information from your PayPal account. If not completed within 48 hours, we will be forced to suspend your account indefinitely, because it can be used in a fraudulent intent. Thank you for your compréhention in this way. To confirm your online account:

...and they wanted me to click a link that would take me their official site where I could enter all my personal information and they could fix the, um, chess taient? I'm not sure what that is, but I bet it's super bad. I'm sure they didn't mean to leave off the ed on the word connected. And I bet whoever wrote the email, some copywriter somewhere, is a foreign national who's used to using the word compréhention . Cause it's a little unused here in the states these days.

Yeah. So I guess I better get my PayPal mojo fixed because I'm selling two of my sewing machines on eBay right now.

- H

1 comments:

Amber said...

Heather! LOL.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...