I was putting away laundry this evening and found a beautifully wrapped giftbox from Nordstrom's. Oops, it was a Father's Day present for my husband that I'd totally forgotten about when he picked out a windowbox air conditioner for his garage from Costco last week. So he'll be getting it in the morning, if he survives the night. He's down with a headcold, and you know how those headcolds affect the American Male. We're holding vigil over him. I digress.
Cooper was "helping" me put away the laundry. His super-sleuth eyeballs spied the present instantly.
"Mom, what's that?!"
"It's a present for dad. For Father's Day."
"What is it?"
"Nothing exciting, just a t-shirt."
"Oh," dropping the box like a red hot potato. "Mom, for Mother's Day, I'm going to get you heart earrings."
"Oh, that would be lovely honey."
"And cash."
"Cash? Wow, that's a pretty extravagant present."
"Yeah. Can I play with your jewelry?"
"No."
"But whhhhyyyyy? I want to!"
"Because you break it. No, those are the rules."
"FINE! NO CASH FOR YOU!"
Just like that. I hope it wasn't a lot of cash, that would have totally rocked to get a lot of cash for Mother's Day.
- H
6/21/10
Rich mom poor mom
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Maybe you could have gotten nicer jewelry. After all, he didn't say how MUCH cash.
Maybe if Mr. Featherty didn't work in an air conditioned garage, he wouldn't have caught a cold. Obviously self-imposed. I'd give no sympathy. Also, I'd take the shirt back and get some cash, since you're not getting any for mother's day now.
Post a Comment