Remember how last week I wrote about how I was all "I took a sleeping pill and it was the greatest thing in the world?"
Well, I was wrong.
On Thursday I had to drive to Joplin, Missouri and back. For those of you not familiar with the geography of Missouri, this is something like driving from New York to Miami and back. Four hours down, four hours back.
I got back at dinnertime, did baths, got the kids to bed, and tried to lay down.
No dice. My body was still buzzing as if I was on the highway.
So, hey, I had the great idea of taking another Lunesta! I slept like a champ.
And I haven't woken up since then. Seriously, since taking that stinking pill on Thursday night I've been dragging my ass around in a sleeping pill fog. I can sleep at any time, anywhere. Last night while the kids and I were waiting in the car for my hubs to run into Lowe's and get a part for something or other I dozed off in the front seat. I take naps during naptime and go to bed at 9:00 with Cooper. I sleep til 7:00 and could stay in bed longer if my kids would. They won't.
I knew it was too good to be true.
No more sleep aids for me. After I get up from this next nap I'm going to google how to get rid of sleep aids that won't leave your body. First I need to lay down.
- H
8/22/10
Hey, Lunesta. Enough with the somnolence, kay?
By Heather on 8/22/2010
This is about mommying, working while mommying
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



5 comments:
dude. 2-3 benadryls. It's much safer and you don't feel drowsy in the morning. Xanax works well if you have trouble sleeping because you can't get your mind to shut off. Hmmm, I wonder who has that problem? ;)
I recommend Benadryl as well...I only need one to have blissful restful sleep without the hangover...I take 2 only in extreme sleep emergencies! Good luck!
ok, here's the deal...I hate benedryl, it makes me feel hungover! I like generic Unisom (Walmart brand). I take 1/2 a tablet, because I metabolize like a small child/90 year old woman...so you should be okay with a whole tablet. Try it out! Cindy
Try motion sickness medicine...in Canada we have GRAVOL and I'm sorry I don't remember what you call it in the U.S. Dramamine? Makes you drowsy anyway, and you don't wake up feeling like you could sleep all day.
i take only 1 benadryl too... 2 was too much and i had a hard time waking up in the morning. have you tried to cut the lunesta in 1/2?
Post a Comment