8/17/10

Self portrait, sort of. Not really.

This is all I can put together for today's self portrait. Partly because I want to share my absolute favoritest clogs ever right now until I find other clogs that become my favorites, and partly because my ENTIRE BODY HAS TURNED DISGUSTING.



I don't know what happened! I didn't start eating differently. I even ran out of my bestest ice cream sandwiches from Costco, so it isn't because I was eating one of those every day.

No, it's a mystery. But my body is not cooperating with me and it's ballooning.

So these, dear friends, these are the best part of me this week. My slightly swollen veiny feet, clad in my bestest blue woven Swedish Hasbeens.



I love Swedish Hasbeens. I even ordered some mustard yellow boots that I found on clearance somewhere, but sadly they didn't fit. Cause I couldn't pull them on my fat feet.

If my train of thought seems slightly askew, it's because it is. I just read this post by Aunt Becky (who is younger than me, and we call that irony people) on Mommy Wants Vodka that really has me thinking. And by thinking I mean staring off into space with an empty head.

Becky's right. It's beige paint, this watered down version of what's really going on in people's lives. I don't know anyone in real life whose life is beige paint. Oh, wait, there's a girl I work with who seems kind of beige until I remember that she was carrying on a long term affair with another married man and then broke both of those marriages up to be with her man, and there were kids involved and dogs. But if you met her? You'd totally yawn and think "beige paint," and you'd probably order her a cheeseburger because she seems kind of malnourished.

I actually feel guilty, writing something real and then editing it for content. I don't know why, it kind of feels like lying. And then sometimes I feel guilty for not editing the content. For telling anyone and everyone what's going on. Ack, this is a dilemma. Not nearly as big a dilemma as why the hell my weight keeps going UP when I'm eating LESS THAN I'D LIKE TO.

- H

4 comments:

Logical Libby said...

It's summer. I always gain weight. I blame irony since it's the time of year when I want to wear less clothing.

FullertonRegan said...

I say it's stress making you gain weight. Do not underestimate stress.

Love the "beige paint" similie (metaphor?)... I like to say white toast, no butter, hot water with lemon. When I worked graveyard at Lenny's, there was this girl dating a guy I totally crushed on and she ALWAYS ordered that. I finally realized that he and I could never be because he needed the safety of lame and I would never be a female eunuch.

Me? A Mom? said...

Thanks for that link. I love when smart, witty bloggers articulate so well things I've been kicking around in my head. Some day my brain will return to normal.

Anonymous said...

AGH! Those remind me of the sandals my Grandma used to wear. Please don't wear knee high nylons with them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...