11/6/10

I made a cream sauce

I made my first white sauce tonight for dinner.

I'm not a great cook, I have to admit it. It's not that I have no skill, it's just that I have very little interest in it. Usually once a week I'll get a bug up my butt to cook my family a nice nutritious meal.

Then the part about it being nutritious kind of goes by the wayside and tonight I made a white sauce for our cheese tortellini. Homemade. Can you believe that?

So here's my recipe, and it was delicious if I do say so myself.

I took one of those small cartons of heavy whipping cream and a few tablespoons of butter and heated it on med-low (gas range) until it was just kind of warm. Then I took a few tablespoons of the cream out of the pot, mixed it with two teaspoons of corn starch, and added it back to the pot.

Added a lot of pepper, a little salt, and about three or four cloves of garlic, minced. Then I just let it simmer and thicken and simmer and thicken and by the time the rest of the food was ready the sauce was perfect.

I usually buy fresh pasta, ever since the time I bought fresh pasta and realized HOLY SHIT IT IS SO MUCH BETTER THAN DRIED PASTA. This time I bought the fresh pasta cheese tortellinis and they are awesome. Sooooo tasty. Tasty is a funny word.

I breaded some chicken and after cooking it in olive oil, I wrap it in tinfoil and bake it for 20 or 30 minutes.

Oh, and there was broccoli served, too, although my hubs and I were the only two who ate it.

The kids loved the tortellinis. And I ate so much I may take up jogging tomorrow.

- H

2 comments:

FullertonRegan said...

What kind of fresh pasta do you buy? I only see that Barilla stuff at the sptores, thour Trader Joe's or Henry's probably have something different.

Logical Libby said...

I am very impressed. In my world if something has to thicken I just let it go...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...