11/14/10

I made a wadder

Eh. It's inevitable, really, that two out of three things I make will be a total fail. I started in on a long-sleeved knit version of the Hot Mess Mommy freestyle tunic dress from Prudent Baby.

Let's just say that Heather should probably stick with patterns and not try to design anything herself, kay?

It was hideous. All too long in the torso, not tight enough in the banding part, fabric too lightweight, et cetera. I had this piece of loverly dreamy dark blue and charcoal mini-stripe knit that I wanted to use on one of my Cover The Butt tops, so I chose that. While I was hassling with the fit and sweating out how to fix it, I held the top up at some point and GASP! There were these teeny tiny holes in the fabric, probably two or three on the front and a few on the back. Just enough to grow enormous after washing a few times. I bought it on the clearance table at Hancock's, of course. I like paying only $1.95 a yard for knits, but this is what you get for doing that.

So, in the garbage it went and out came the next project. I will soldier on. I'm trying to learn when to let go. And make that point a lot sooner than it used to be.

- H

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...