11/24/10

A sewing geek gives thanks

I took this entire week off, and it was loverly. I intended to get some Christmas shopping done, which hasn't happened yet and probably won't, but my main goal was totally accomplished with a ton of help from my mom and my hubs.


My sewing space in the basement laundry area now totally rocks. Just in time for me to completely stop sewing. I can't mess it up now.


It's kind of a miracle I ever got anything done with how messy and disorganized it was, especially the last few months.


So mom came over, we hauled and pitched and donated, and what's left is a really usable space that I won't be using so it stays just exactly like this as long as possible.


Oh, and I finally finished re-finishing the swiveling stools I bought last summer at an estate sale for $15. They were brown with yellow genuine naugahyde cushions. Now they're black with a very loud black and white houndstooth cushion. They fit perfectly up to the side of my farm table, which has been elevated on bed risers to save my aching back. You can only see one stool in the pictures, but I assure you there are now two.

My kids each have a stool and they can sit up there and wreck my stuff while I attempt to work on something. This usually lasts ten minutes before we have to go back upstairs because it's too chaotic or someone falls off of something or someone has to go potty or I lose my mind. Whichever comes first.*

*Who are we kidding, we all know I lose my mind and/or my patience while we're walking down the stairs, but I usually manage to keep my cool until someone breaks something or pierces a body part or steals a brother's toy. Then we march upstairs again. This is repeated three to seven times per day.

Anyway. Thanks, Mom, for all of your help getting me closer to my goal of living like a normal person, and thanks to all of you out there in Al Gore's worldwideweb who are reading along with me. I hope you all eat too much and enjoy the next few days doing whatever it is you like to do.

Thanks, Pilgrims!

- H

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...