4/20/09

Uhh, someone would be so lame as to steal blog posts?

I've spent way too much time trolling the internet this evening. I hadn't had time all day to check my blogroll and read the hilarity other people write until now. So of course I caught up on Penne's blog (sick with funny, I can barely stand it and I would be her publicist if such a job existed) and then I wandered over to c jane and then suddenly I was caught up in an internet drama.

You know the kind. You hear a story and have to click on a link to understand what's going on, and in that link there are three more links, and so on and so on until you've opened seventy-three windows and you still don't know what the hell really happened. Except I think what happened was there was this really lame girl (Miss Musing was her name, but she is no longer as she's been removed by the powers that be for plagiarizing posts and stealing pictures) who wrote a blog and proceeded to steal other people's posts and repost them as her own?

I mean, what in the hell?

Isn't blogging about writing what happens to you and what you think about it and yadda? Stealing someone else's posts just seems so ridiculously sad and also what a big fat waste of time.
All I can say, is that's nuts. Any person who would do that needs serious professional help.

And I want you all to know - the stupid stories I tell here are my own. For better or worse, tooting in The Scholar Shop and picking up poop flung in the family room is my life. Lots and lots of poop. There's a blogger out there whose motto is "I'm #1 at #2!" I can't remember who it is now, but it's genius. I'm not going to steal her slogan. That would just be stupid.

- H

3 comments:

Marci said...

I know, I read all about that last night, too. Sad and quite ridiculous, really.

Little Girl::Big Glasses said...

Wow, what nice thing to say! And a cool surprise...I am totally reconsidering my opinion of all Heathers now because of you. ;-) Seriously, there are little proud tears in my eyes. THANK YOU!

And stealing blog posts? WTF? Really?

becky s said...

I have seen it happen a bunch of times over the years. I don't understand why people do it. I guess they don't understand that they'll be found out. Hey, my stories may not be great, or all that funny, but they are MINE dammit.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...